Map



Visitor Map

My stuff is copyright so don't steal it!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Thursday, June 3, 2010

It’s official…

Its official, my mother is moving back to Albuquerque; she moved to Denver around December in 2004. Recently her health has been going through a shade spiral for the past couple of years now; she has gone from bad to worse. Before she was up and at it, doing all the things we all do. Now she can’t even walk without her walker, cane, and oxygen; I was also able to help her get Medicaid to pay for the scooter she now owns. The scooter has made it easier for her to get around the grocery store and the mall; which she was not able to do before.

In Denver she lives alone; she has her brothers and sisters there, but they are to busy in there own lives. My brother also lives in Denver, but lets face it he just turned 19 years old and is to busy being a teenager doing nothing but getting high; he doesn’t work or go to school! He pays his rent only because he has the luck of receiving a disability check from the government for having ADD, but come on there is so many people out there with ADD that work and do not rely on the government, his motto is just being a lazy ass. My brother has been getting into trouble which only causes my mother more agony and stress; we really don’t know what to do with him. He doesn’t listen to our advice, so we have decided to let him be, and just pray to God to watch over him and to help him choose the right decisions in life.

Last week my mother got very ill, good thing she has the emergency device in her apartment; I’m not sure what it's called, but she carries a necklace around her neck; she can press it to get assistance if she feels ill or falls to the floor. She started to get really sick and was not able to breath so she panicked and pressed the button; they got her an ambulance, and rushed her to the emergency room. As soon as she got there they admitted her, she had chronic pneumonia. The doctor admitted her in the hospital for 4 days, due to her diabetes and health history; the doctor wanted to keep a close eye on her. Thank God she is now doing better.
On the day she was going to be released, the doctor said he would not let her go home without her oxygen tank; she kept calling my brother and no answer. My aunt and my cousins had to go knock on his door to open my mother’s apartment to get her oxygen. He was totally passed out. My aunt pulled him from the ears; as soon as my mom got home he left, he didn’t even stay a while to see how she was doing. Before he left he still had the nerve to tell my mother he was out partying the night before, getting high, and that some guys had got stabbed! Come on dude our mother just got out of the hospital and you were partying and now you’re telling her this information to worry her, to stress her out? What the hell is wrong with you? Ahhhuuuu this totally upsets me. Did I mention that a few months ago he stole her car and wrecked it? Well yes, he left her with no car!!

This is when I put my foot down and said no more!!! I convinced my mother to move back to Albuquerque, that I would find her an affordable apartment close to my house. This way in case she needs me, I am close by to take care of her, or if she needs to press her emergency button they can take her to the hospital and I am there; I work at the hospital so it would be easy for me to get to her if that were the case. She needs someone who can go pay her bills and buy her grocery’s. My brother Dimas bought a car for himself, and doesn’t even have the decency to give her a ride to where she needs to be, even knowing the fact that she no longer has a car due to his dumb ass.

I have been working in getting her a nice place around my area and found one available for the end of August. In September I have a follow up appointment with my cancer doctor in Denver; I am moving her back down here at that time. I just hope it all goes well with my health as well as hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and truly appreciate your opinion :)

Psalm 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear?The Lord is the stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid?"Psalm 27:1

Popular Posts