Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Shutter Love Tuesdays | COOKIES
Biscochitos (Anise Seed Cookies) Recipe:
3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 to 1 ½ teaspoons ground anise
½ teaspoon salt
½ pound lard, softened
½ cup plus
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons rum, bourbon, or sweet white wine
Topping ¼ cup granulated sugar
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder, anise, and salt.
2. Beat the lard in a electric mixer, gradually adding the sugar, and cream until extremely fluffy and light, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the egg, followed by the wine, and continue beating.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients, adding about one-third of the mixture at a time. Stop the mixture as you make each addition, and beat no longer than necessary to incorporate the dry ingredients. A stiff pie-crust type of dough is what you’re seeking. 5. Chill the dough for about 15 minutes for easy handling.
6. Dorothy uses a cookie press to form her biscochitos, choosing a fleur de lis design. The results are beautiful. If you don’t own a cookie press, the dough can be rolled out ¼-inch thick on a floured work surface and cut with a small cookie cutter. Avoid handling the dough anymore than necessary. Transfer the cookies to ungreased cookie sheets.
7. Preheat the oven to 350º F, when ready bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until just set and pale golden. While the cookies bake, stir together the topping ingredients.
8. When the cookies are done, cool for just a minute or two on the baking sheets, then gently dunk the top of each in the cinnamon-sugar topping.
9. Transfer to absorbent paper to finish cooling. Biscochitos, tightly covered, will keep for at least a week.
Yield: 5 dozen Baking Time: 10-12 minutes
Temperature: 350°F, they freeze well for up to a month
"The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear?The Lord is the stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid?"Psalm 27:1
DEDICADO PARA EL SENOR JESUS MANUEL NEVAREZ RIP FEB 17, 1973-OCT. 13, 2009 2 Años de Anniversario Yo no estaba allí cuando l...
HERE ARE SOME OF THE PICTURES OF EL DIA DE LA VIRGEN DE GUADALUPE, IT WAS ON DEC 12, 2010 THIS IS THE DAY WHEN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH CELEB...
Cesar was born on April 12, 1976 in Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico; he was the youngest out of his 4 other siblings, he loved to dance and hi...
Finally the month of June… You may ask why my excitement or you may think I am dull, but “Twilight Eclipse” is out on June 29th! Alexand...
There is a saying in Spanish “Despues de la tormenta vuelve a salir el sol y sale el arcoiris” that means “After the rain stops the sun come...
On July 2, 2013 my doctor’s appointment was full of disappointment, Cancer levels showed once more in my blood results, but a biopsy would b...
The Best thing since AVON ANew!!! The NEW AVON MIRACLE CREAM Anew GENICS Start to see the difference in just after one nigh...
HANDS ON-BIBLE Produced By: Tyndale $16.49 (Amazon price) Language: English ISBN 978-1-4143-3768-5 Trim Size: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Binding:...
Cuando llega la noche, la tristeza es mi ultima compañía, las lágrimas me las limpia la soledad y la oscuridad es mi agonía. No ay noch...
So I leave to Houston Tx on May 7, 2011. I have 8 appointment lined up on May 9th and my surgery will be held on May 10 (mexican mothers da...